Friday, June 20, 2008

The Best Boots on the Planet

Originally submitted at Sierra Trading Post

Closeouts . Lowa's best-selling Renegade mid hiking boots are quality day hikers with a Gore-Tex® waterproof breathable membrane system and bi-injection midsole for great comfort and stability. Gore-Tex® blocks outside moisture and lets skin moisture escape, helping to avoid blistering. Mesh lining...

Fantastic comfort and long-lasting

By Field Researcher from Carbondale, IL on 6/20/2008

5out of 5

Sizing: Feels true to size

Width: Feels true to width

Pros: Durable, Stable, Comfortable, Water Resistant, Great Traction

Best Uses: Wet Weather, Backcountry, Cold weather, Day hikes

Describe Yourself: Avid Adventurer

These are the best boots I have ever owned. They have the comfortable feel of tennis shoes and they are hard-working, long-lasting field boots. I have taken them on 8-week backcountry field excursions in Yellowstone, on day hikes in the Midwest...I even climbed a mountain in them. After 5 years, I thought I'd wear them out on a 5-week camping trip to the southwest, but they just keep on going. I bought a replacement pair 2 years ago that I've yet to take out of the box. These things just don't wear out. And I think they are as comfortable after 5 years as they were the first day I wore them.

I thought that the plastic lace holders were going to be a weak point, but they haven't given me a moment's problem. They are sturdy and stable. I haven't even worn the laces out. And perhaps most amazingly, after getting them wet, muddy, sandy, gritty, silty, and slimy, they seem to dry out and still look presentable. If they quit making this model (and my present pair and spare pair ever wear out), I may just quit going outdoors. I'll never buying anything but Lowa.

(legalese)

No comments:

Post a Comment