Friday, November 28, 2008

14 Years and 14 Days


Was all I got with my girl.

She passed away this morning. I would love to say that she went peacefully. I was unable to find an emergency vet to ease her pain. She went not so gentle into that good night. Maybe she was raging against the dying of the light.

In the end, all I could do is be with my girl. I think she wanted that. I think that gave her some comfort. Watching her life slip away was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

She was a great dog, my sweet pea, and will be forever missed.

2 comments:

  1. I have done mostly what most men do,
    And pushed it out of my mind;
    But I can't forget, if I wanted to,
    Four-Feet trotting behind.

    Day after day, the whole day through --
    Wherever my road inclined --
    Four-feet said, "I am coming with you!"
    And trotted along behind.

    Now I must go by some other round, --
    Which I shall never find --
    Somewhere that does not carry the sound
    Of Four-Feet trotting behind.

    -R. Kipling

    ReplyDelete